Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
As a HR Service Partner, you’ll deliver best practices guidance to Justworks’ existing customer base, act as an internal subject matter expert, and partner with other Justworks teams to create Human Resources tools and content.
What you'll do
- Communicate directly with customers, at varying levels and in varying roles and industries, regarding their HR inquiries, as escalated by other members of the Customer Success team
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer complex HR questions from customers, provide HR guidance and best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback
- Manage queue of open issues to deliver timely and effective solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Compliance teams on feature requests related to HRIS and Compliance tools
- Liaise with Compliance to safeguard Justworks as a co-employer and demonstrate discretion as to when issues warrant escalation
- Create HR-related content and tools, often in partnership with Marketing and Product, for both external and internal use
- Explain complicated compliance and HR concepts in simple, user-friendly terms
- Contribute as a subject matter expert on complex and cross-functional issues to ensure the success of customers on the platform
- Display a high level of professionalism and compassion when working with customers on sensitive matters
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, with an eye toward improving customer experience
What you'll need
- Passion for a career path as a customer-facing HR practitioner
- Ability to simplify complex concepts into clear, easy-to-understand terms
- Aptitude for learning new product features and subject matter, and helping others learn as well
- Genuine interest in the ever-changing employment law landscape and comfortable with multi-state compliance
- Comfort with handling challenging situations over the phone and via email and via email, with the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Minimum 4+ years professional experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Employee Relations Specialist, or equivalent
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- if not certified, certification must be obtained within the first six months of employment - Justworks will provide financial support
- Strong interest in US employment law and the ever-changing compliance landscape
- Experience in technology/SaaS a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.