Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a Payroll Tax Analyst joining our growing team you will be responsible for accurately paying and remitting withholding and unemployment taxes for our customers. You must have the ability to dependably execute a set of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks to help keep our PEO and customers compliant. You are someone who can easily identify areas for process and procedure improvement and have a penchant for documenting everything you do. You love learning new software, deepening your skill-set and aspire to be a true payroll tax expert. Above all this role requires patience, determination and excellent people skills as you work cross-functionally to solve customer issues as well as communicate with local, state, and federal agencies
What you'll do
- Manage daily file uploads and electronic payments of payroll taxes
- Execute and maintain quarterly, monthly and annual payroll tax filings across all local, state, and federal jurisdictions
- Review our payroll tax system data on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of customer data and coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Resolve payroll tax inquiries/issues generated by our Customer Success team within the agreed upon service level agreements
- Manage responses and resolution of local, federal and/or state payroll notices received by customers
- Maintain internal resource center regarding payroll tax policies and procedures
- Recommend and execute changes to payroll tax processes and procedures alongside key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and Compliance
- Minimum 2-3 years payroll tax filing and/or payroll experience
- Experience with multi-state accounts for single large employer or multi-employer in multiple-states preferred
- Experience working with PEOs preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems and software programs
Visa sponsorship is not currently available for this role
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.