Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for an experienced Customer Insights Manager to build and lead Justworks’ customer-focused research function. We’re looking for a passionate storyteller who excels at translating customer data and research into actionable insights.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for setting a research roadmap to answer key business questions for stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Strategy teams. You’ll lead and orchestrate research programs that dive deep into Justworks’ key markets, customer segments and personas to help align the needs of our business with the needs of our growing customer base.
You’ll have the opportunity to influence strategic decision-making across the organization and be responsible for embedding customer data and insights into key business initiatives including the strategic planning process and product roadmap. You’ll bring a new level of depth and dimension to how we think about our customers and ultimately, help us build innovative products and strategies to address their unmet needs.
This role will have the opportunity to define and shape the vision and future of customer research at Justworks as we look to grow the team over the next few years.
What you’ll do
- Set and maintain a strategic research direction and roadmap
- Work with key stakeholders and alongside the strategic planning process to translate business priorities into a research roadmap
- Design mixed-methods research programs that can provide the data and insights needed to bridge the gap between customer and market needs, and our overall business strategy
- Build out foundational customer insights and scalable infrastructure
- Build out foundational research around customer segments, personas, and behavior to provide the organization with a three dimensional view of key customer and market segments.
- Put in place the infrastructure and mechanisms to share insights across the organization with the goal of keeping the customer at the center of everything we do and enabling faster, more informed decision-making.
- Develop a center of excellence around research
- Serve as a strategic business partner to other teams across the organization and guide others to successfully frame, investigate, and answer key questions about prospective and existing customers
- Develop and share research frameworks and best practices across the organization
- Design and assist with the execution of qualitative and quantitative research programs
- Oversee internal qualitative and quantitative research to support Marketing, Product, Sales and Strategy teams.
- Serve as the central function for wide-scale customer research initiatives (annual surveys and benchmark reports)
Who you are
- 5+ years industry experience in a role that includes qualitative and quantitative primary research (market or user research, product marketing, corporate development)
- Direct experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (comfortable writing survey questions, discussion guides, qualitative interviewing, orchestrating focus groups)
- Experience using data analysis (SQL, Excel, Tableau, SPSS) and survey tools (Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
- Experience working in B2B or B2B2C a plus
- A strategic thinker with a proven ability to identify opportunities, form compelling business cases, and gain support from cross-functional stakeholders
- Have an ability to synthesize complex information into simple narratives with compelling and actionable insights
- Persuasive written and oral communicator
- Experience partnering with, presenting to and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Naturally curious with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable with ambiguity, experience working in a fast-paced or startup environment
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.