Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking an experienced engineer to join our Core Web Engineering team, responsible for improving and maintaining how we use frameworks and tools (Rails, React, our design system Milo, etc.) that power the web experience for our customers, and defining the strategy for how we use these across the organization. The Core Web team enables the product-focused engineers to focus more on product and domain challenges, and less on the details of scale, security, performance, and availability.
What you'll do
- Design and develop the frameworks our engineers build with, and work across teams to improve, scale, and better utilize them
- Work with the Engineers and Engineering Managers to scope, prioritize and execute projects so we can improve our systems and better develop new features.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams in and out of engineering to understand the requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Help define and communicate technical standards and best practices
- Provide guidance and support growth in other engineers on the team and across other teams
- Enhance our testing, monitoring and continuous deployment infrastructure
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hands-on experience
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
Technologies We Use
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.