Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As an Analyst on the Payments Operations team you will serve as a resource for all things payments related. You’ll utilize available data points and current processes to make and support decisions that have large financial and risk implications. In addition, you’ll ensure a seamless payments process by working with the payments team as well as other teams to improve our existing systems and processes.
What you'll do
- Execute day-to-day core operational tasks for the payments team, including ensuring accurate and timely payments processing as well as non-sufficient funds handling
- Problem-solve complex, high-risk payments-related issues by utilizing all available data points as well as your best judgment
- Manage cross-functional relationships and processes, working regularly with different teams on various projects (including our Customer Success and Accounting teams)
- Maintain and improve the existing payments processes through identifying inefficiencies and pain points, finding creative solutions to alleviate them (including non-engineering solutions)
- Construct, implement, and evaluate new payments processes, working alongside our product engineering and payments vendors to complete payment related projects
- Utilize our data’s full potential through creating and implementing information dashboards to support payments processes
Who you are
- Comfortable with making and supporting risk based decisions on high-impact financial transactions
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, you pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Intrigued by data and how it is collected as well as how you can use it in your everyday work
- A quick learner with an aptitude for picking up new product and subject matter with ease
- Able to work effectively within a team, cross-functionally, as well as working effectively on your own
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of work experience in an operations focused role
- Intermediate proficiency with Standard Query Language (SQL) and Excel
- Experience with and/or knowledge of ACH (Automated Clearing House) and Fedwire payments processing highly preferred
- Experience with business process management activities, CBPA or Six-Sigma certification preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.