Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-informed and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
Justworks is seeking a Product Design Manager to manage the Payments and Benefits team designers. In this role, you will partner with the design director, other managers, and the design team to help Justworks grow through learning, empathy, and co-creation. Expand the product design team in size and impact while maintaining close-knit connections. Mentor and coach designers to uphold quality, operationalize processes, and nurture skillset growth. And, have a good time along the way.
What you'll do
- Report to the Director of Product Design and partner with product management, engineering, and product marketing to create a cross-functional and collaborative development process specific to your domains.
- Conduct a listening tour within ProdEng (product and engineering) and other departments to build relationships and your mental model of Justworks.
- Bootcamp on Payments and Benefits teams as a product designer to gain empathy and increase domain knowledge.
- Partner with design leadership and the team to continuously improve design meetings and processes to account for the doubling design team.
- Partner with ProdEng leadership, Payments teams, and Benefits teams to evolve the teams. Hire product designers and strengthen team-relationships to support team growth.
- Mature our user research practice, foster data-informed decision making, and uphold product quality within ProdEng.
- Test programs with the close-knit design team to maintain career growth, transparency, and collaboration.
- Increase awareness of the design team inside and outside of Justworks.
- Foster collaboration between brand design and product design to create a cohesive experience.
Who you are
- 2+ years of design management experience
- 5+ years of designing web applications
- Have a portfolio of past work showing process, a human-centered approach, and the outcomes
- Have a proven track record of building out a high performing team of designers
- Authentic mentor and coach who gives and receive candid feedback to support learning and growth
- Experienced in providing design direction and upholding quality through UX and visual design guidance
- A strong advocate for the customer, the design team, and the designer’s way of problem-solving
- Ability to build relationships through strong communication skills (listening, transparency, empathy, and openness)
- Biased towards partnering with others to co-create, align, and realize shared vision
- Adaptable to complex domains and ambiguous situations by asking the right questions and managing priorities to build a shared context for the team.
- Have a growth mindset. Self-aware of strength and areas of development.
- Willing to experiment and iterate on design operations
- Quietly awesome, humble, thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- Experienced in user research methods
- Experienced in SaaS products
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.