Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Consumer Insights Associate will partner with Marketing, Sales, and Product to understand the needs of key markets, customer segments, and competitors to inform Justworks’ business and product strategy.
We’re looking for someone who excels at designing and executing research to tackle complex business problems. The right candidate will have the ability to deep dive into Justworks’ target markets, customers, and the competitive landscape to deliver compelling and actionable insights to stakeholders across the business.
This role will report in to Product Marketing, a team that plays a pivotal role in shaping the future direction of the product, influencing high-level business decisions, as well as building marketing strategies that will result in the long-term success of the business.
What you’ll do
- Identify, scope, and lead the analyses needed to develop a deeper understanding of customer and market needs, as well as vertical and industry trends
- Inform and influence strategic decisions based on customer, market, and competitive research
- Become the insights ambassador; build out ways to promote and socialize research across the organization, identifying the stakeholders who could benefit most from the insights you uncover
- Implement and own day-to-day win/loss analysis, synthesizing insights and sharing actionable recommendations regularly with stakeholders across the business
- Serve as the go-to industry, market and customer expert on the Marketing team and across the organization
- Uncover market-specific product gaps and customer needs to help influence the product roadmap
- Lead research to further define and understand core customer segments
Who you are
- A strategic thinker with a proven ability to identify opportunities, form compelling business cases, and gain support from cross-functional stakeholders
- Has a passion for advocating for and continuously improving the customer experience
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple narratives with compelling and actionable insights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience partnering with, presenting to and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Experience leading cross-functional projects leveraging a variety of research methodologies
- Works effectively within a team, yet have the ability to take initiative and work effectively on his or her own
- Possess strong leadership and project management skills
- A self-starter who’s passionate about technology and has a genuine interest in helping small businesses grow and thrive
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (degree in Economics, Psychology, Business, Market Research, or a related field of study is preferred, MBA is a plus)
- Minimum 3-4 years industry experience in a role that includes qualitative and quantitative primary research (market research, management consulting, product marketing, corporate development)
- Proven experience leveraging a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply market, competitive, and customer research to inform GTM and product strategy
- Proven experience using data analysis (SQL, Excel, Tableau, SPSS) and survey tools (Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
- Experience in statistics (significance testing and correlation analysis)
- Experience working in a fast-paced tech or startup environment
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.