Business Leader, Self Service Acquisition
The Self Service business wants to make Justworks work for everybody, big and small. We have built a Self Service funnel for customer enrollment so that we can continue supporting businesses of all sizes. Our intention is to continue to automate these processes to minimize the manual work we do for each prospect and maximize the number of bookings we can have through the funnel. We are a lean team and we move fast. The business today has generated about 10 15% of Justworks’ revenue and our aim is to try and grow that pie in the coming years. Do you want ownership over an emerging business at a fast growing and dynamic B2B software company in NYC? If so, this role, might be the one for you.
As the Business Leader of Self Service Acquisition you will be responsible for leading the business, team, and working closely with Product Management, Revenue Operations, Marketing and Customer Success. You will also need to be a coach to your team members. This job is interdisciplinary -- a mix of Sales, Support, and Product -- it will be your job to surface opportunities to expand the business and prioritize new flows and workstreams. You will not only be guiding the Enrollment Managers on your team, but also getting your hands dirty and not afraid to handle calls yourself if the need arises. You will build reporting and dashboards to gain insights into the business and design tools for them to be more effective with a focus on increasing productivity.
This leader will not only communicate effectively the value of Justworks but be able to teach others to as well. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a deep understanding of our marketing and sales processes and drive product improvements by increasing conversion and driving automation in the broader sales process.
In this role, you will be responsible to present at monthly executive briefings on the business and challenged to determine ROI on investments you wish to make. You will get exposure to everyone in the company from the CEO down. One of your primary responsibilities will be to work closely with Revenue Operations and Product Management in order to determine how to best scale Self Service while also leveraging the tools you build across the entire sales organization. The Sales leadership team will look to you to surface which actions are repetitive and ready for automation.
What you'll do:
- Own Self Service as a business to ensure we increase revenue and drive it to be a larger part of the Justworks business
- Oversee the Self Service Enrollment Managers by monitoring, mentoring, and developing them
- Support the team of Enrollment Managers and help them efficiently convert inbound leads into new customers and achieve set revenue / lives goals
- Understand the value proposition of Justworks and be able to speak to them with prospects and customers as well as coach others to do the same
- Be a trusted advisor to small businesses and help them navigate their HR choices by understanding your customers’ needs and what is important to their businesses
- Data Accuracy: It will be your responsibility to ensure that prospects are properly guided through the enrollment funnel with accurate data capture in Salesforce and internal systems.
- Utilize reports to monitor the effectiveness of the team and changes to the program you have implemented.
- Cultivate relationships and drive cross-functional projects across Sales, Marketing, Rev Ops, and Product Management teams
- Maintain a continuous feedback loop around demand channels with Marketing to ensure you are driving high quality leads to the funnel
- Work closely with the SVP to design and implement processes to increase average customer size in both Self Service and the broader business
- Work with the Workers’ Compensation team to prioritize our customers based on their individual needs and timelines and suggesting process improvements
- Be an advocate for Self Service with the Benefits team to ensure that needs are being met
- Become a thought leader around company formation by helping build a reputation for Justworks in the small business community by networking with partners and attending events targeted at entrepreneurs
- Embody the Justworks brand and be an advocate for Self Service customers
- Share customer feedback with your team and with other teams when appropriate
The skills you’ll need:
- A genuine desire to help small businesses and to evangelize the Justworks product
- Analytically minded; You do not make decisions or recommendations without having data to back it up
- Advanced at Excel; SQL and programming languages also a plus
- An ability to prioritize your workload and see where optimization through automation or process changes is possible
- Previous leadership experience of managing and/or mentoring others
- An established track record of automating inefficient or manual processes
- Track record of developing and fostering relationships at your former employers; people love working with you and collaborating with you on projects
- Excellent and concise communication skills, especially when it comes to complicated topics. You can break it down into simple terms people can understand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; you give exceptional presentations and have convincing arguments
- A desire to build and create a culture within your team. You’re an overachiever. You never quit, never take no for an answer, and ultimately succeed in everything you do
- You have a knack for coming up with creative solutions to any problems you face
- BA required; MBA a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.