The Job - Senior Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager
Justworks is seeking a Senior Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Manager to develop, implement and track ongoing strategic initiatives to enrich Justworks’ Diversity and Inclusion program. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about D&I, has strong program management skills, and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of employees, departments, leadership teams, and third parties. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to take on an important initiative for the organization and make a lasting impact.
You will love this job if you are:
- Passionate about building inclusive organizations and thinks about diversity holistically.
- A collaborative leader with a vision. You’re an inventive leader who excels at bringing out the best in others to create a shared vision for the future.
- A relationship-builder. You establish trust quickly and have excellent facilitation skills with employees and all levels of leaders.
- A compelling influencer & coach. You listen and take a consultative approach to your work and effortlessly lead and collaborate with partners from all over the organization.
- A creative organizer. You use technology (and any other resources at your disposal) to find creative solutions that drive efficiency and operationalize processes and programs.
- A community builder and organizer. You design and implement initiatives that people are excited to be a part of.
- A strategic problem-solver. You demonstrate sound judgment combined with the ability to make impactful decisions independently, and an intellectual curiosity about people and organizations.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement innovative, strategic solutions to enrich Justworks’ company culture and make it more inclusive.
- Design and execute a company-wide D&I strategy, both internally and externally.
- Partner with Recruiting to develop a strategy to source and attract talent from underrepresented groups and create an inclusive candidate experience.
- Partner with Marketing to help shape Justworks’ external D&I brand.
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop internal communications that increase employee engagement and transparency regarding D&I initiatives.
- Represent D&I initiatives internally and externally. Build impactful relationships with peer organizations and D&I thought leaders to support our Justworks’ internal initiatives and recruitment strategies for underrepresented groups.
- Partner with People Operations to enrich our retention strategies, including training, performance and career development solutions for employees and managers.
- Identify opportunities for Justworks to enhance or create new D&I initiatives and participate in/support external initiatives.
- Work closely and consistently with all of the internal employee resource groups to provide a voice to every community and employee at Justworks.
- Support and coach members of the Employee Resource groups to help them scale and grow.
- Develop and maintain framework to track and analyze initiatives related to employee demographic groups and determine future trends.
- Partner with Product and Customer Success to ensure Justworks’ product and services are inclusive and accessible to Justworks’ customer base.
- Manage budget for the D&I program, events, and initiatives.
You should have:
- 3+ years in a position with a focus on program or change management
- 10+ years professional experience
- Experience working with management and senior leadership
- A demonstrated passion for diversity and inclusion, ideally in a formal D&I role
- Experience in scaling company-wide programs with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated coaching ability
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Ability to breakdown complex concepts and distill them into easy-to-understand messages
- Experience working in a tech or startup company preferred
- Experience in teaching or training preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
This position is based in New York City.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is to create a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated, so each of us feel welcome, and are given support to realize our personal and professional potential at Justworks.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.