Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Job – People Operations Analyst
As the People Operations Analyst, you are an integral part of Justworks’ long-term growth and success. To be great in this role, you are self-driven and motivated with a high degree of ownership, you love being organized and detail-oriented, and you have a great ability to multitask without hindering quality. You also possess a positive and upbeat attitude and interpersonal skills that will enable you to work with all levels of employees, including Hiring Managers, Directors and even our CEO! You take initiative, demonstrate strong common sense, and can operate in a fast-paced corporate environment.
What you'll do
Deliver an amazing employee experience by:
- Serving as a first point of contact for employees when they have People-related questions and/or concerns
- Ensuring execution of the new hire process including orientation presentations, welcome emails, new hire paperwork and I-9 completion, collection and storage, and onboarding employee system updates
- Owning all aspects of employee data throughout the full employee life cycle including data entry, audit and extensive reporting on all employee matters
- Create employment verification letters and respond to requests for employment information (i.e., mortgage/loan verifications) as needed
- Make sure job descriptions are correct and up to date
- Process payroll for hourly and salary employees
- Support People Ops team on matters related to conflict resolution, investigations, performance management, employee development, compensation, promotion, organizational design, and leaves of absence to learn how to provide sound counsel, coaching, and objective situational analysis when working with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
- Conducting exit interviews and cross-train on the offboarding process to assist with employee exits as needed
- Cross train with People Operations Program Advisor on all major program and initiatives
- Other special projects, as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year previous experience in payroll, human resources or HRIS preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and at least intermediate Excel skills; exposure to reporting preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, proactive - no task is too small for you
- Deep care for the employee experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and interact with all levels of management
- Knowledge of HR-related employment laws a plus
- Passionate about Human Resources as a career path
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.