Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, diversity + inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an IT Support Engineer with proven experience in an entrepreneurial, startup, or enterprise setting. The best candidates will combine exemplary white-glove customer support skills with the type of creative tenacity necessary to solve problems in a fast-paced iterative environment.
This role will be responsible for technical escalations in one or two technical domains, be able to lead by example where best practices like timely and transparent communication, documentation, and tech advocacy are concerned, and will have a well-rounded skill set in all the competencies that support IT in an office environment. Experience with mentorship, software training, and Design/UX a big plus.
What you'll do
- 50% of your time you’ll be owning the deployment, support, and maintenance of
- Hardware/Software on OS X and Windows systems.
- Office Phone System and Devices
- Wired and Wireless Network
- Office A/V Equipment for Remote Meetings and Events
- 50% of your time you’ll be on point for
- Core Application Lifecycle - owning all aspects of a software tool from scoping to sunset
- Identifying opportunities for improving our current systems and taking action to bring those improvements to life
- Codifying and delivering opportunities to raise the technical acumen of the IT team and those we support
- Technical escalations within the IT team
Who you are
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional IT Support experience
- High level of professionalism and communication
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions
- Expert-level skill in at least one of the following
- TCP/IP Networking - troubleshooting, feature improvements, enthusiasm for research and monitoring
- DevOps-style delivery pipelines - Virtualized *nix infrastructure, web/app development, scripting in shell, Ruby, or Python
- SQL for database architecture/management or queries
- Agile Product Management as it applies to modern software development
- Configuration Management using common tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- API integrations and custom scripts
- Familiarity with SSO using SAML 2.0, MFA, Atlassian, Jamf, GSuite, Salesforce, Slack, and AV systems are all nice to have
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.