JustFund, is a growing, innovative, philanthropic SaaS startup focused on creating grantmaking solutions that provide philanthropy with a new kind of giving experience: one that is values-aligned, rooted in equity, and built on trust. We leverage technology to ensure funders can easily center equity in their grantmaking and more money moves to historically excluded communities and leaders.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about working with funders to move money to movements and building strong teams. You will need to be excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment, building systems, and have exceptional relationship building and project management skills. To learn more about JustFund, please visit us at: https://www.justfund.us.
JustFund is looking for a Director of HR with exceptional leadership skills and a deep understanding of HR best practices.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on Director who is responsible, independent, and confident in their vision and HR strategy as well as implementing the day-to-day people operations. This position will build, oversee, and manage all HR processes: onboarding, offboarding, payroll approvals, personnel changes, employee relations, etc. The Director of HR will be an advocate for the JustFund team and will be identifying ways to implement best practices and employee benefits to become an ‘Employer of Choice’. This is an exciting opportunity as this is the first full-time HR hire!
This role is 100% remote and will be based within the United States and will regularly interface with US-based team members across multiple time zones. The Director of HR will need to be current on HR laws in each respective state with a strength in CA HR laws and best practices. This position will report to the COO.
Strategic HR Leadership:
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, and programs that support the organization’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Drive the alignment of HR initiatives with business objectives to enhance organizational performance.
- Provide guidance and counsel to cross functional executive leadership on HR matters, anticipating and addressing potential challenges and opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with the Leadership Team to provide strategies specific to functional teams.
Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Lead the development and implementation of talent acquisition strategies to attract high-performing employees.
- Oversee the design and implementation of effective recruitment, selection, and onboarding processes as well manage full-cycle recruiting.
Performance Management, Employee Development, and Retention:
- Establish and implement performance management systems that support employee engagement, productivity, and career growth.
- Develop and execute strategies to foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
- Provide guidance and support to managers in areas such as performance coaching, career development, and succession planning.
- Develop and implement employee retention strategies.
Total Rewards and Benefits:
- Manage the administration of our PEO and Payroll Benefits Provider and approve payroll and payroll processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to compensation and benefits.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and administration of competitive compensation and benefits programs while working with internal budget and external market factors.
Employee Relations, Engagement & Wellness:
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance employee satisfaction and retention.
- Foster positive employee relations through effective communication, conflict resolution, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop and implement DEI strategies that permeate through the organization.
- Develop and execute strategies to promote employee well-being and work-life balance.
- Oversee employee feedback mechanisms, including surveys and focus groups, and drive action plans based on the feedback received.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in hands-on human resources leadership roles, with a proven track record of success.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with a strategic mindset and the ability to align HR initiatives with overall business goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in talent acquisition, performance management, and employee development.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Professional HR certification (e.g., SHRM-SCP, SPHR) required.
Total Compensation (Salary and Benefits)
The Director of HR role is a full-time, exempt position, and we offer a competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and additional perks. The annual salary range for this position is $120k - $150K and will be commensurate to experience. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off (including holidays and sick time)
- Wellness stipend
- Home office equipment allowance
- Cell phone and internet stipend
- Professional development stipend and access to professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter. We review applications on a rolling basis, and will respond if your application materials indicate a potential match for this position.
JustFund is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and racial equity.