Salary: $26k - $28,600k USD + equity
Just Appraised is a Y Combinator-backed startup that builds software applications to create greater trust and transparency between local governments and the communities they serve. Our software makes critical government workflows 10x faster, empowers local government employees to work more efficiently and with greater accuracy, and makes it easy for anyone to understand how their property taxes are calculated.
About the role
This is a full-time, fully remote role to join a globally distributed, rapidly growing government technology company. We are actively seeking a highly motivated and results oriented QA Specialist who will work to drive the day-to-day execution of our QA practices.
The QA specialist will work closely with our Engineering team to ensure delivery of quality software to our customers. The candidate will face awesome challenges by covering all the testing stages and using the latest technologies for it.
Please Note: This position requires overlap with our US/Canada team. Your work hours must overlap with the hours of 9 am - 6 pm Eastern time zone (you are not expected to work the entire time! Any full-time shift overlapping 5-6 hours in this window will work).
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and developers to provide testing support for new features.
- Ensure new features behave as expected as well as automate the testing of said features.
- Create, execute and maintain (manual or automated) tests for functional, integration, regression and API testing. Analyze results of test execution and report bugs.
- Develop and implement automated testing strategies, integrated with CI/CD pipelines.
- Partner with engineering teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Task allocation: (Manual testing 50% / Automation 50%)
- Improve existing testing-plans and build new test strategies.
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy across our products and platforms.
- Contribute in implementing and evolving QA processes to get effective test signal and scale testing efforts.
- Attend project specific meetings, kick off meetings and sprint planning meetings.
- Work with other teams to plan, coordinate and execute integration tests.
- Debug user/internally reported issues to identify potential patterns/ root causes.
- Help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to improve quality.
What We Value
- 2-3 years of overall experience in both manual and automation tests for web applications.
- Hands-on experience in writing Automation scripts (Cypress, Selenium or other tools).
- Experience formulating test plans and creating test strategies.
- Hands-on experience in API Testing.
- Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking tools.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of JSON.
- Familiarity with Git and version control.
- Have working knowledge of test frameworks, tools and libraries.
- A solid understanding of fundamental web technologies.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, set priorities in a dynamically changing environment.
- Experience in creating testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk.
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance practices and fundamentals.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and an ability to think clearly on one’s feet.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Nice to Have
- Startup experience
- Hands on experience with Cypress would be a major plus
- Have a vested interest in CI/CD practices and good development techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent fields
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are looking for teammates who care about encouraging different points of view, engaging in healthy debate, and want to work on the hard skills of practicing inclusion on a daily basis.