Salary: $28k – $35k USD + Equity
This is a fantastic formative opportunity, working full-time on a fully remote team at a YC-backed startup founded by Stanford grads. You’ll work closely with our Business Operations team to assist with the day-to-day activities of the Team. This work is high impact; your work with reporting and analytics will help us ensure that we meet customer’s expectations.
Please Note: This is a full-time role and you must overlap with the rest of our team between 8am - 1pm ET to be on call for urgent customer issues.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist, ideally at a product-focused startup software company.
- Translate key business metrics into Data Projects.
- Break down Business Problems to Analytical problems that can be solved with data.
- Direct the gathering of data, assessing data validity and using data to identify insights to help us achieve our business goals.
- Determine additional data needed to support insights.
- Communicate recommendations to leadership and influencing future plans based on insights.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate members of the team to help them grow in their responsibilities.
- Developing, Reviewing and approving project plans, timelines, deliverables, and managing resources.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data analytics strategy aligns with its wider objectives.
- High proficiency in coding including Python and SQL.
- Evaluating data quality and driving improvements when needed.
What We Value
- Work with cross functional team data ranging from Accuracy for customers to internal cost and revenue data.
- Strong Analytical skills – has ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusions relevant to the business problem.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and highly non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field .
- Proficiency with data structures, databases, SQL.
- Working knowledge of statistics, mathematics, and machine learning.
- Experienced in Agile software development.
- Leadership and Management experience