We're building software to help public servants in county governments save time and money by using AI to streamline processing of real estate sales. This matters because property taxes drive local government revenues and support the services that power society.
Who We Are Looking For
We are actively looking for a back-end engineering technical leader who is excited about designing and creating products and architectures that are intuitive and effective. Our mission is to bring the best technology to governments so that they can work at the speed of Silicon Valley.
This is a full-time opportunity to join a YC-backed startup founded by Stanford grads. As we are building multiple products from scratch, we need a teammate who trusts her/his gut and can make decisions quickly, has a ton of EQ and most importantly, can contribute code from day 1. The candidate should be comfortable making thoughtful decisions about the technology stack and have the practical skills to build an extensible and scalable product in an elegant way.
This opportunity is a good fit if you can:
- Lead designs of major infrastructure changes, new features, and system improvements in collaboration with our CTO
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve code
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards by providing coaching and feedback on pull requests
- Manage time efficiently and focus on clear goals
- Respond with a pragmatic approach towards tackling unforeseen challenges
- 5+ years back-end development experience
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Experience with Java EE, AWS, Postgres
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate new tools/libraries with ease
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders effectively
Nice To Have:
- Startup work experience
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are looking for teammates who care about encouraging different points of view, engaging in healthy debate, and want to work on the hard skills of practicing inclusion on a daily basis.