About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
About your role
Our Allocations team is an exciting and quickly growing team at Juniper Square that is responsible for all payment related transactions across the various lines of business pertaining to our customers.
We are seeking a Manager to oversee and lead a team of financial modeling specialists to act as a trusted partner to our real estate private equity customers. You will hire, train and lead a fast-growing team and make a direct impact as we deliver best-in-class services to our customers. Your team’s main focus areas will be to build fund-level waterfalls and calculate fund level distributions and capital calls. We are looking for a strong people leader who is eager to be in a fast-paced, team-based environment and is excited about the opportunity to scale our team’s operations as we reach our next phase of growth.
What you’ll do
- Hire, train and lead a team of financial modeling experts that use Juniper Square software and Excel to manage our customers’ day-to-day transaction related operations including building waterfalls, calculating distributions, multiple close rebalancing and calculating capital call amounts
- Handle challenging customer situations and improve customer satisfaction
- Perform customer-facing work when needed to support the team including maintaining complex waterfall and capital call models in Excel based on client LPAs and creating distribution and capital call notices using our software
- Review team deliverables for accuracy and ensure SLAs are being met
- Identify and flag areas of improvement in our processes and procedures; lead internal and cross-functional efforts to improve these workflows
- Build systems and process to ensure we are tracking important team and customer-data
- Collaborate with other teams at Juniper Square to ensure we are providing a best-in-class experience to our customers
- Identify product feature requests and work with Product Managers where appropriate
- 5+ years of experience in a finance or accounting-related role, such as in investment banking, fund or SPV administration, audit or at an investment firm including at least 1 year of people manager experience
- Prior experience building waterfall models in Excel and calculating distribution amounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity and desire to consistently do the right thing for our customers and for the business.
- Ability to be a self-starter: you identify problems and take ownership of finding and implementing solutions.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change; ability to handle multiple projects at once while staying close to the details.
- You see opportunity in ambiguity; this is the right role for you if you have a vision for building something new and big!
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $138,800 - $154,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend