About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
About your role
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Juniper Square, you will wear a lot of hats. The Platform team is responsible for the infrastructure, architecture, and evolution of our core, shared services and internal tools. We make the choices and introduce the new technologies that the rest of Juniper Square’s systems run on.
Your role is to collaborate with the team to deliver on these objectives and contribute to evolving our platform's infrastructure to meet expanding scope and scale.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the DevOps team and other backend engineers to roll out infrastructure enhancements
- Lead the effort to break apart monoliths and expand our use of containerized services
- Upgrade existing functionality to handle our rapidly increasing scale
- Monitor and optimize service queries to increase performance
- Improve the engineer experience by providing automation, developer tools, and improving the CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate with front end engineers to define APIs and implement the server side of the interface.
- Create internal tools to support other engineers, and even other departments, to make their jobs more efficient
- Produce high-quality, thoroughly tested code and perform code reviews for colleagues
- Provide technical support to the customer success team and help address production issues
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building high-performance, scalable services
- Expertise in Python is a plus
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $151,000 - $228,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend