About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve tripled our team in each of the past three years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term, and are on track to triple our headcount again this year. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
About your role
As the Finance Systems Manager, you will drive our billing processes and maintain our financial systems. As the company launches new products, new pricing models and new billing practices, you will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution and success of these initiatives. Responsibilities include initiating invoice uploads, reconciling billing activities, creating collections reports, tracing root causes, communicating stakeholder updates and automating manual processes.
The ideal candidate has high attention to detail, a process-oriented mindset and a propensity for solving problems with data. Relevant experience spans financial systems, finance, accounting ideally at a high-growth SaaS company with heavy ERP and financial systems experience.
As part of the Business Operations team, you would join a high-caliber and growing group of four business operations managers. Expect to collaborate and partner often with other business teams and executives to analyze performance, identify strategies for improvement, and help deliver best-in-class execution. Your role will be to help nurture and grow this team while driving operational excellence for a company serving customers that manage $1T of real estate assets, or 6% of the commercial real estate market in the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Review and audit invoice requests across our software systems to ensure a seamless customer billing experience
- Set up new processes and systems as we evolve our pricing model; drive operational improvements through a combination of CSV data migrations, 3rd party tools, and API integrations
- Monitor performance of new systems and processes; analyze errors and ask the right questions to trace back to root cause problems and ensure long-term solutions
- Analyze spreadsheets and pull reports across our technology stack to reconcile data from our CRM (Salesforce), accounting software (Quickbooks), billing software (SaaSOptics) and business intelligence software (Looker)
- Maintain current billing software and lead consideration of a new billing and / or ERP software platforms (e.g. Zuora and Netsuite) as the business matures toward more automation and our pricing model evolves
- Build reports and develop metrics to track billing activity and billing health; measure our collections efforts with shifts in market conditions; assist with monthly and quarterly reporting for the board with Finance leadership
- Partner closely with other departments including Product, Finance, Customer Success, Product Operations, Sales and Sales Operations to standardize reporting and reinforce cross-functional processes; simplify technical concepts in communication with relevant stakeholders
As our first Financial Systems Manager, you will develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities. Expect to partner closely with the executive team to analyze, propose, and execute the infrastructure needed to support new business opportunities. The role is an exciting chance to be an early member of a growing team at Juniper Square, with the opportunity to build a small but high-impact team.
- 6+ years of relevant experience with 2+ years in financial systems at a high-growth company (or in a similar finance team); relevant experience includes operating experience at a high-growth SaaS company as well as management consulting, systems integrations, accounting or similar experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Engineering, CS, Statistics, Economics or a related quantitative discipline
- Excel whiz with bonus for experience with SQL and business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred as well as other traditional SaaS systems such as Quickbooks or Netsuite
- Extremely detail-oriented and process-driven, with focus on efficiency and problem solving
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to both delve into details and engage meaningfully on overall strategy
- Resourceful, self-sufficient, and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into simple, actionable recommendations
- Track record of working cross-functionally in a high-growth environment
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Professional development stipend
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
At Juniper Square, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We’d love to hear from you.