At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Accountant to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Finance team.
We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the PST - EST timezone.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
In the Senior Accountant role, you will:
- Monthly Close and General Ledger. You’ll actively participate in month-end and annual close processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including preparation of journal entries and analysis against historicals and budget.
- Financial Reporting. You will prepare the monthly financial statements, including compliance reporting and analysis.
- Accounts Receivable. You’ll support the order-to-cash function by ensuring appropriate accounting treatment of customer contracts, invoices, and payments.
- Reconciliations. On a monthly basis, you will conduct account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance as well as be responsible for reconciling assigned balance sheets and income statement accounts.
- Payroll: You will be responsible for processing and allocating payroll entries across business units.
- Process Improvement. You have the ability to identify process/control weaknesses and work independently to find resolutions. You’ll maintain company accounting procedures and processes and ensure compliance of all internal processes and systems.
- Information Preparation. You’ll lead the preparation of financial information for taxes, regulatory agencies, and necessary stakeholders.
- Audit and Tax Returns. You’ll partner with the Controller on our external audit and tax returns.
If your answer is “heck yeah!”, please read on….
Who you are:
- 5-7+ years of prior accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Big 4/Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Knowledge of core accounting principles and how it relates to SaaS products
- Strong attention to detail & critical thinking
- Experience with Sage Intacct or other large ERP, Bill.com, Salesforce, Nexonia, CaptivateIQ a plus
- Growth mindset, high energy and the ability to work hard and play well with others
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $40 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.