At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
Do you want to work with one of the biggest eCommerce datasets in the world?
Do you get excited thinking about collecting, managing and transforming TBs of data?
Do you want to help build some of the most sophisticated data-driven products in the eCommerce industry?
Are you passionate about building tools that have an immediate impact on your customers?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to be successful on Amazon. We work hard, keep it real and do it all for our customers by providing industry-leading tools, education, and content.
We’re growing and we are looking to add data engineers to our Platform Group located somewhere between the PST - EST timezone.We have a wide variety of opportunities including:
- Collecting, managing and serving TBs of data
- Creating a world-class customer experience by delivering large data sets to customers
- Building highly efficient, scalable pipelines that deliver high impact eCommerce data to customers
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
In this role, you will:
- Build, maintain and manage fault tolerant DAAS (Data As A Service) that serves data at scale
- Create APIs and BI Integrations in order to deliver large data sets to customers
- Build, maintain and manage large scale data pipelines that power critical features
- Help manage data in our data lake that drive a variety of critical business use-cases
- Work in key areas of our data platform in support of new and existing data-powered product features
- Participate in technical design reviews, code reviews and pair programming sessions
- Work with stakeholders to help define our data roadmap and strategy
You will excel in this role, if you have:
- You have Data Engineer experience of at least 3 years in a fast-paced environment
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience solving designing and building solutions to a nebulous problems
- Experience building scalable data driven systems as a software engineer
- Strong programming skills in Python, Typescript, or any other programming language
- Experience leveraging automated testing, performing code reviews, working with Git and using CI/CD within an agile environment
- Ability to transform datasets to answer business questions using a SQL interface (e.g., ANSI SQL, Spark, Pandas, etc.)
- Worked in a cloud native environment like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
Bonus points, if you have:
- Previous experience building data infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Worked with non-trivial, multi-stage workflows using serverless services
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi or AWS CDK
- Industry experience working on big data problems using tools like Airflow, Spark, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Hudi, Delta lake and Kafka
- Experience leveraging NoSQL databases and document stores to production data systems (e.g., ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $8 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.