Area Service Manager
Without Jungheinrich, your shopping trolley would probably be empty. Every day, our trucks move millions of goods in logistics centres globally.
Jungheinrich is one of the top three leading companies in the material handling equipment and Intralogistics sectors worldwide – and we are very interested in speaking with you further about your career.
Jungheinrich has evolved from a producer of forklifts to a manufacturing logistics service provider achieving an annual turnover of over £2.5 billion. Today, we employ over 14500 employees, thereof in Europe alone over 800 sales consultants, as well as more than 4200 mobile service engineers, maintain a close-knit network providing quality consulting and comprehensive service.
In short, your role within Jungheinrich will play a crucial part in providing the customer with complete peace of mind in managing their intra-company logistics.
To manage a team of Service Engineers in terms of meeting agreed financial and operational targets, customer service levels and defined After Sales processes. Ensuring a high financial turnover and optimised productivity of Service Engineers by applying standard procedures, controlling instruments and meeting routines.
- Maintain an optimal infrastructure (human resources, skills and tools) to deliver agreed customer service levels, financial After Sales targets as well as defined operational After Sales KPI’s in close relation with service support functions (dispatch / service administration / service controlling / technical training) and sales.
- Ensure a high financial turnover and optimise productivity of Service Engineers applying standard procedures, controlling instruments and meeting routines.
- Report on agreed financial and operational targets (KPI’s) in regular Regional Area Service Manager meetings.
- Continuously improve service contract management in close relationship with service support functions (dispatch/admin/controlling).
- Conduct scheduled review meetings with customers where required and proactively deal with and solve any issues including customer complaints and invoice queries.
- Ensure adherence to defined After Sales processes and procedures in close relationship with service support functions.
- Ensure optimal team motivation and well being of the team (Service Engineers) needed to achieve defined target performances. This should be through regular 1:1’s, yearly appraisals and ensuring all training identified is delivered.
- Ensure engineers work within agreed Health and Safety guidelines.
- Continuously seek for and help to implement best practice processes to achieve maximum customer satisfaction, efficiency and profitability.
- Help to grow the After Sales business by identifying business opportunities within the existing customer base in close conjunction with Service Sales.
- IT literate, in particular Microsoft office
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- The ability to manage and coach people at all levels and remotely
- A self-starter to manage their operational requirements, time management and qualification requirements/ theory learning
- Organised, excellent timekeeper
- Ability to work under pressure, putting the customer at the heart of what we do
- A good level of general education is required with passes in English and Maths
- Somebody who can demonstrate some exposure to the customer service sector
- Full valid current driving licence. This role will be field based and the successful candidate will be expected to work in any area of the region as required
- Management experience
- Engineering knowledge
- Exposure to SAP operating systems
- Perceived ability to progress
- Business acumen
- Customer orientation