Logistics Systems Technical Specialist
South East of England
Without Jungheinrich, your shopping trolley would probably be empty. Every day, our trucks move millions of goods in logistics centres globally.
Jungheinrich is one of the top three leading companies in the material handling equipment and Intralogistics sectors worldwide – and we are very interested in speaking with you further about your career.
Jungheinrich has evolved from a producer of forklifts to a manufacturing logistics service provider achieving an annual turnover of over £2.5 billion. Today, we employ over 14500 employees, thereof in Europe alone over 800 sales consultants, as well as more than 4200 mobile service engineers, maintain a close-knit network providing quality consulting and comprehensive service.
In short, your role within Jungheinrich will play a crucial part in providing the customer with complete peace of mind in managing their intra-company logistics.
To be accountable and responsible for the technical implementation, technical training and on-going customer support of new and existing Logistics Systems (LS) including but not limited to:
- Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs – Type I) & Automated VNA equipment (AGV Type II)
- ASRS solutions (Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems)
- Pallet & Tote conveyors and associated equipment
- Carousel & Automated vertical lift systems
- UPC - Multi depth storage solutions (Under Pallet Carriers) / Pallet Shuttle Systems
- Radio data, Logistics interface solutions (JLI) and peripheral equipment
- Champion Health, Safety & Environmental standards of both Jungheinrich and customers sites, ensuring at all times an approach of safety first is adopted.
- To provide technical support for the implementation of new LS installations
- To provide the on-going technical support for specified LS products both internally & externally
- To manage, produce, develop, co-ordinate, and deliver technical engineer product training on the LS product range and create a ‘best practice’ working environment
- To manage, produce, develop, co-ordinate, and deliver specialist customer product training on the LS product range and create a ‘best practice’ working environment.
- To produce site specific operational ‘quick reference’ documentation for customers & engineers
- Working closely with key stakeholders, including but not limited to technical services, VK-PS and service management, ensure that the technical competence of the UK business is developed to ensure a safe and competent ability to support the required logistics systems
- As well as managing LS projects, the role will also include a certain amount of ‘hands on’ to aid implementation of actions identified.
- Proactively produce tasks and self-manage
- Work in close co-operation with the CS Training Manager, Senior Technical Specialists and local engineering teams.
- Work in close co-operation with the Logistics Systems Division Team & Project Managers to ensure the successful installation & commissioning of new Logistics Systems
- To identify training and qualification requirements of the local engineering team (in conjunction with the Training Manager, HoCS, & ASM)
- To provide effective technical training courses on the company’s LS products including those of 3rd Party suppliers
- Responsible for organisation and delivery of “on the job” training
- To produce LS product specific documentation to assist local engineers
- Transfers and documents project specific knowledge of suppliers to the local engineers
- Responsible for identifying site-specific common best practices and ensure they are cascaded and implemented throughout the local engineering team.
- Provide “hyper care support” on customer sites Post go live
- Provide up to date technical support by phone and site visits
- Accountable for the creation and delivery of site specific customer training
- Responsible for identifying site-specific common best practices and ensure they are cascaded and implemented throughout the customer’s operations team.
- To create site specific user documentation for both the customer and local engineers
- Liaise with the Line Manager and CS teams to inform them of best practice solutions and be responsible for follow up and validation that actions have been implemented
- Use the available systems data to identify gaps in reliability/availability of site systems
- Responsible for identifying equipment reliability and areas that can be improved.
- Assist HoCS to ensure the local engineering teams are working in line with ‘best practice’ solutions.
- If required to undertake repairs in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- Prioritise system faults and provide on-site assistance to the commissioning teams or local engineers and ensure these are successfully bought to a close.
- To comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times
- To accurately record all work undertaken
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times and maintain customer relations
- To adhere to the Quality processes and procedures as set out by the company
- Communicate effectively with Line Managers
- Share training methods with the International Jungheinrich network
- Selects and maintain tools, tools lists, diagnostic tools or specialist tools
- Proven background in the implementation or support of automated / semi-automated intra logistic systems
- Background in Engineering
- A working understanding of Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- A knowledge of PLC equipment & related software
- Excellent PC literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Health and Safety experience
- Experience in producing risk assessments & and safe-working procedures.
- Previous experience of customer meetings and reporting.
- Technical knowledge Asi, profibus, profinet and canbus systems
- Technical knowledge of SEW inverters
- Previous experience of working with pallet cranes
- Previous experience of working with pallet conveyor & connected systems
- Previous experience of working with tote conveyor & connected systems
- Full understanding of pre-preventive maintenance (PPM) schedules & procedures
- Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry
- Leadership Skills
- Knowledge of Beckhoff / Siemens S7 PLCs
- Previous experience of AGVs
- IOSH minimum
- ONC (or equivalent) in Engineering
- Technical knowledge of Inverters
- Previous experience of training course instruction
- Continuously seeks improvements
- Takes responsibility for his/her actions
- Adapts to new and changing demands and situations
- Plans and organises multiple tasks or projects
- High accuracy in numerical and written work.
- Conforms to Health and Safety Legislation
- Attentive and analytical thinker
- Establishes effective work relationships across all business divisions
- Integrates into the teams
- Shares knowledge with others proactively
- Shows respect for others
- Shows integrity, trust and loyalty
- Complies with rules and regulations
- Communicates openly, effectively and consistently with all stakeholder groups
- Deals effectively with people from all levels
- Able to communicate both face to face, via telephone and in writing
- Takes initiative – self-starter, highly motivated
- Sets high standards
- Achieve agreed results on time
- Focuses on customer needs and customer satisfaction
- Builds and maintains strong relationships
Jungheinrich is an attractive employer and cares about its employees. We offer a wide range of benefits, training courses and on-going career support.
Any unsolicited CVs from agencies will be treated as a gift