What are we looking for? Key Account Manager
Where is the role based? Based in Warrington - Covering the North East of England
Without Jungheinrich, your shopping trolley would probably be empty. Every day, our trucks move millions of goods in logistics centres globally.
Jungheinrich is one of the top three leading companies in the material handling equipment and Intralogistics sectors worldwide – and we are very interested in speaking with you further about your career.
To identify, implement and manage the on-going development of new business sales activity with a high degree of focus on the IC engine products to nominated prospective accounts in selected specific market segments to meet business targets, supported by a clear focus on identifying and winning new business within clearly defined commercial parameters.
- Heavy focus on Business Development to push forward sales.
- Achieve targets agreed for new business activity levels (tenders, quotations, units, volume, turnover, market awareness, profitability).
- Research the market, identify target accounts and develop strategy to optimise business development in the following areas – new customers, new industry segments and new product segments.
- Effectively pursue prospective accounts to gain incremental business at a profitable level.
- Carry out detailed site surveys and establish equipment specifications.
- Focus on solutions based selling approach to achieve the customers’ business goals.
- Compile detailed proposals & be competent in presenting to customers at a senior level.
- Complete/manage all elements of the administration process relating to a customer order for products and services. This requires attention and focus on detail.
- Establish and develop effective business development and account management strategies
- Utilise CRM for prospect and account management.
- Complete documentation and reports in line with JuMan procedures and processes to facilitate effective report production from SAP.
- Pro-actively assist support functions in delivering excellent customer service across all profit centers and in achieving their individual targets.
- Where required work within a team on specific projects.
- Support the activities and strategies of regional sales.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Head of Sales.
Essential qualifications / skills:
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of MHE & IC engine products, applications and applicable segments
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify new business opportunities.
- Sales experience with medium large customers at strategic purchasing level
- Self-motivated with target and objective focus
- Ability to handle conflicting requirements and meet deadlines
- Professional communication and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Structured in planning and organisation
- Able to succeed and operate independently
- Contribute to team environment
Desirable qualifications/ skills:
- Business qualification
- PC literate in particular Excel and Power Point.
- Experience of managing high value, high volume sales projects.
- Exposure to large project planning and implementation
Travel / Mobility
- The role will require travel throughout the UK. Full driving licence required.
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- New business development
- Customer orientation
- Decision making
- Creative problem solving
- Market focus
Jungheinrich is an attractive employer and cares about its employees. We offer a wide range of benefits, training courses and on-going career support so if you would like to know more about this opportunity or any others, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Manager Ben Quartermain on 01908 360 876.
Any unsolicited CVs from agencies will be treated as a gift