Senior Product Designer
Jumpstart is the world’s smartest recruiting platform allowing university level engineering talent to connect directly with top companies. Through the full suite of features ranging from job postings to event check-ins, Jumpstart provides candidates visibility and increased opportunities to be seen beyond their resumes.
Jumpstart is transforming an industry - revolutionizing how to discover talent and engage with employers. To do this, we need to bring together the best engineers, designers, and business operators. Our entire business model depends on producing cutting edge technology that provides top notch recommendations in a user friendly yet feature-rich interface.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll take ownership of a large area of the Jumpstart product and be involved in the entire product development process - from early research and strategy to pixel perfection QA up to launch.
What you’ll do
- Deeply understand and solve user problems.
- Transform complex workflows into simple, beautiful, intuitive, and delightful experiences.
- Enhance and define processes around research, design systems, and collaboration.
- Deliver end-to-end experiences for students and recruiters across iOS, Android, desktop, and mobile web.
- Lead user research sessions to identify future opportunities in close partnership with product, engineering, and ops.
- Partner with PMs and engineers to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Provide and seek feedback from the design team to continually push the bar for quality
- Learn every day, get things done, and have a ton of fun with our passionate team!
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in product/UX design.
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can collaborate well across various disciplines within the company.
- A track record of leading the end-to-end design on large and complex products that customers love.
- Fluent with Figma, Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- A portfolio featuring examples of your design work.
- Bonus: experience designing for marketplace platforms, with empathy for differing user needs.
- Bonus: experience working in a startup or a fast-growing design team.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Jumpstart has a passionate and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a note with links to your work and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jumpstart is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Jumpstart does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Jumpstart will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.