Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
As a Developer Advocate, you will play a pivotal role in our building and partnering efforts for adoption and integration of Jump-contributed projects. Though you’re technical and know how to code, you prefer to add value through your strong communication skills and ability to add clarity to technical efforts. To do this you’ll work closely with Jump’s development team as well as developers from other projects to anticipate areas where additional documentation, clarity around use, and examples can be leveraged for superior user experience. Additionally, your work with various stakeholders should help inform the development of new features on product roadmaps.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitate great onboarding experiences for developers and partners.
- Work with Jump’s development teams, external partners, community managers, and other stakeholders to find ways to improve products and UXs.
- Create content – documentation, explainers, examples – to make the integration of projects intuitive and easy.
- Make fixes and improvements to SDKs and other developer documentation and broadly find ways to improve the experience for developers and integrators.
- Build relationships with other projects and look for mutually beneficial opportunities to collaborate.
- Gather and synthesize feedback from developers and users to inform further growth strategy.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You Need:
- Ability to write code but prefer adding value with your strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and lean organization in an externally-facing role.
- Deeply familiar with how to integrate blockchain projects.
- A strong writer, especially in describing technical concepts clearly.
- Experience with web development (Typescript) and optionally blockchain development (Rust and Go).
- Knowledgeable and interested in crypto, DeFi, and blockchain.
- Ability to lead technical projects to successful completion
- Resourceful, self-sufficient, and able to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Reliable and predictable availability.