Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
As a Weekend Trader for Jump Crypto, you have an opportunity to join a dynamic group of people focused on researching, interpreting and capitalizing on the global trading markets. The ideal candidate for this position will be interested in learning how they can apply their skills in a quantitative trading environment. You should have a can do attitude around supporting the team in a variety of ways and be motivated by this chance to learn and work alongside a team of experienced traders and technologists
What You’ll Do:
- Execution of trading strategies
- Monitoring and reconciling trading positions consistently throughout the shift
- Preparation of daily P&L, exposure and risk reports
- Communicating with cryptocurrency exchanges and internal technology groups regarding trading system issues
- Managing and reporting any potential compliance issues
- Researching potential trading opportunities and helping to devise new trading strategies
- Weekend and US Holiday overnight shift for 12 hours each day and occasionally working with the day shift during the week for training, overlap, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and an understanding of the various currencies, exchanges, etc preferred
- Experience with the overnight shift preferred
- Familiarity with a Linux environment
- Proficient in MS Excel and Putty
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in making decisions
- Aptitude and preference for working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience with a scripting language is preferred
- At least 2+ years trading experience preferred
- Reliable and predictable availability