Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
As a Production Reliability Engineer at Jump Crypto, you will be responsible for monitoring and supporting of trading system applications and exchanges. The crypto world is fast-paced, featuring rapid changes to the trading environment, and the stakes are high.
What You'll Do:
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot large-scale trading systems and exchange/venues
- Handle daily software deployments and configuration changes to a complex, global hardware and software footprint
- Build and maintain DevOps toolkit for the production trading system including configuration management, process management, deployment, monitoring, data collection, and analysis
- Interact directly with traders and developers to communicate technology changes, manage incidents, and troubleshoot problems
- Work with Operations Team to reconcile trades and position breaks
- Manage and assess operational risk of change control into the production environment
- Define and document process and procedure
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You'll Need:
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience in an IT ops role, such as DevOps, Linux Systems Engineering, or Network Engineering
- Fluency in python and shell scripting
- A rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing, multicast, LLDP, VLAN tagging, ethernet is a plus
- Familiarity with C++ is advantageous
- Experience with crypto markets is a plus, but not required
- A deep sense of ownership and urgency
- A strong attention to detail and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to handle shared operational and periodic on-call duties
- Reliable and predictable availability