Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
What You'll Do:
As a Software Engineer at Jump Crypto, you will collaborate extensively with traders and technologists to evolve, improve, and maintain all elements of the trading infrastructure, including feeds, gateways and strategies. The ideal candidate will be passionate about development and able to solve difficult technical problems in a fast-paced and energetic environment. In this role, a candidate can expect exposure to a wide range of interesting and challenging technical problems involving high performance computing, software design, big data and will gain understanding of trading on centralized and decentralized exchanges. Most problems require high-availability, high-throughput and low latency solutions. There may be other duties as assigned as well.
The trading team sees technology as a key component of their continued success and candidates will be exposed to cool cutting edge technologies in the fast evolving crypto space.
Skills You'll Need:
- At least 5+ years of strong C++ development experience in a Linux environment, with an understanding of templates and both low level and high level optimization
- Self-directed and comfortable taking ownership of projects and responsibilities, strong work ethic
- Understanding of computer systems (operating systems, networks) and how to leverage that knowledge to build and debug high performance distributed systems
- Experience in creating and debugging multi-threaded applications
- Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Exposure to Python or a willingness to quickly become proficient
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS) and familiarity with internet protocols WS, HTTP
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and experience with trading or execution systems