Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
As a Trader at Jump Crypto, you have an opportunity to join a dynamic group of people focused on researching, interpreting, and capitalizing on cryptocurrency markets. The ideal candidate for this position will be interested in learning how they can apply their skills in a quantitative trading environment. You should have a can-do attitude around supporting the team in a variety of ways and be motivated by this chance to learn and work alongside a team of experienced traders and technologists.
What You’ll Do:
- Execution of trading strategies
- Monitoring and reconciling trading positions consistently throughout the shift
- Preparation of daily P&L, exposure, and risk reports
- Communicating with cryptocurrency exchanges, internal technology groups regarding trading system issues and other trading teams
- Researching potential trading opportunities and partnering with other trading teams to help devise new trading strategies
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and an understanding of the various currencies, exchanges, etc. preferred
- Experience trading a variety of assets and deep understanding of market microstructure
- Proficient in MS Excel and Putty
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in making decisions
- Aptitude and preference for working in a highly collaborative environment
- At least 2+ years trading experience preferred
- Reliable and predictable availability