Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
As a Blockchain Engineer at Jump Crypto, you will partner with project leads, researchers, and other senior developers on strategic efforts to add value to blockchain projects within high value ecosystems. You will build across multiple layer 1 blockchains, writing both on-chain and off-chain logic to build and support new functionality. You’ll also contribute to internal and external tooling as part of our effort to make smart contract programming safer and more maintainable.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and write smart contracts within multiple layer 1 blockchains.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to ensure outstanding UX
- Write high-quality, well-tested code that is intended to be open source
- Manage fast-moving priorities and help shape product strategy
- Manage the priorities, deadlines and deliverables for several blockchain projects
- Collaborate with community members via channels such as Slack, Discord, and Telegram
- Write clear and concise documentation to facilitate adoption
- Manage or train other engineers both internal to Jump, as well as within the crypto community, to help projects scale
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Passionate about the crypto industry and eagerly following the fast-evolving landscape
- Experienced in developing blockchains and/or Dapps
- Strong interest in building logic and applications that will accelerate the adoption of the decentralized future
- Experienced in architecting, or contributing to, mid-to-large scale software projects
- Familiar with Rust or C++ development, optionally Solidity
- Have high engineering standards with respect to product usability, code maintainability, and documentation
- Excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced and lean organization with evolving focuses and priorities
- Kind, communicative, resourceful, self-sufficient, curious, and able to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Reliable and predictable availability