Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road ahead read our blog here.
The primary role of the Technical Data Analyst is to operationally support our crypto trading business through the enhancement of trade data management and related systems and processes. The Technical Data Analyst is a member of the development team within the crypto trading desk, working cross-functionally with traders and operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of the crypto landscape and underlying data that powers Jump’s crypto trading business
- Work with Jump’s development team to build, test, monitor and implement new post-trade systems and reconciliation procedures
- Assist traders and operations team with data management, identifying data integrity issues, and solving mission-critical problems
- Be responsible for analyzing reconciliation results and conducting deep dive investigations in data issues
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a technical, data-driven role
- Experience using Python to load and process data
- Basic Linux skills (ability to dig into application logs, check configurations, etc.)
- Knowledge of data analytics frameworks/languages (e.g. Pandas, R)
- Experience working with databases and data indexing tools (e.g. Mysql, Splunk)
- Strong attention to detail, impeccable work ethics, and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Audit experience is a plus
- Reliable and predictable availability