Founded in 2015, JUMO’s mission is to empower emerging market entrepreneurs with financial choices. It has been an exciting and challenging journey, with many achievements and setbacks. At times, we have had to make difficult decisions, most recently this has been to focus on delivering a strong, lean operating model that builds on our clear successes and reduces our exposure in untested markets.
At JUMO we believe that we have the opportunity in our lifetime to connect every entrepreneur to the financial products they need to grow and prosper. We need exceptional people in key roles to make that happen. Joining JUMO requires boldness, resilience, and innovation. You will need to embrace change and operate comfortably in uncharted territory.
As Senior Product Designer you will design software and platforms that meet the needs of end users, partners and colleagues. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience.
You should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office.
In this role, you’ll
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Contribute to UI design
- Work closely with engineers to define user interface requirements and components
- Participate in the product development process:
- Create user journeys
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
What you’ll need
- Qualification in Design or a related field
- 7 years + experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in human-centred design processes
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Axure)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus if you have
- Strong presentation skills and public speaking
- Background in fintech
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
Things you’ll love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.