Joybird is looking for a Manager of Retail Operations. They will be responsible for Retail Operations and supporting our growing store fleet. This role will focus specifically on retail technology and systems, reporting and analysis and operational support for our field teams. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how stores operate, retail programs/systems, backend logistics and experience leading change initiatives. This will require working cross functionally with our home office and all of our field teams. This role is based in New York City or Los Angeles and reports to our Director of Retail.
What You'll Do:
- Test and roll out new retail technologies and systems to improve our customer journey, improve and streamline our business.
- Identify opportunity areas that will provide for the absolute best customer experience.
- Ensure that our store experience is consistent with brand voice and our online experience.
- Support our field teams by tackling identified pain points.
- Work with the Director of Retail reporting and
- Partner across all departments to ensure success on projects and setup needed infrastructure
- Manage external vendor relationships for the retail division.
- Always looking to identify blind spots and opportunities to better our customer experience.
- Work closely with the Director of Retail on New Store Openings and overall retail strategy.
- Partner with Marketing on traffic and sales driving initiatives.
- Own Retail’s reporting and analyze for opportunities and improvements.
- Help forecast store KPI goals and identify hybrid/weighted KPIs.
- Partner with Regional Managers to manage our stores’ P&Ls and SG&A budgets. Emphasis on top line revenue and operating profit.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5-7 years of retail operations experience.
- Extensive knowledge on POS, CRM, ERP systems
- Extremely comfortable with store KPIs and Retail Math
- Proficient in G Suite and have strong business acumen
- Analytical and forward thinking leader
- Have a curiosity and interest in the changing face of retail and like to keep up with all the latest and greatest retail trends
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and have excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Have an “in-it-together” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Love problem solving
Our Core Values:
- Customer-centric — You are passionate about delivering an end-to-end WOW experience for every customer.
- Transparent — You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate problem solving.
- Results-driven — You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- Constantly evolving — You're never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Ample Paid Time Off
- Fully stocked pantry with your choice of snacks and drinks
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too!)