Joybird is seeking its first in-store Residential Interior Designer to join our talented Interior Design team. This role is located within our Brooklyn retail store to allow in-person customers to experience our design services.
Our Interior Design team provides exceptional customer focused design services tailored to each customer. In this role you have the opportunity to build a rapport with customers and guide them through the Interior Design process, from space planning to purchase. You will represent the Joybird brand by providing our customers best-in-class design and space planning assistance. As our first in-store Designer you’ll be playing a part in the growth of the department. Working along the retail team will provide you with a unique perspective to enhance the virtual design process process.
What You’ll Do:
- Consult customers on the latest interior design trends
- Assist customers in selecting the best products for their particular space
- Ask appropriate questions to discover key details about customers’ spaces
- Space plan customer’s living rooms, bedrooms, or dining rooms and choose what pieces best fit their lifestyle and taste
- Represent our brand: who we are, what we stand for, and what our core values are as a company. It’ll be your job to translate our brand philosophy to customers!
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and expertise
- Educate customers on all things Joybird furniture
- Deliver a memorable experience to each and every customer
What You’ll Need:
- Educational background or previous experience in Interior Design
- 1-3 years of interior design or relevant experience preferred
- Comfort with floor plans and space planning is a must
- People Person with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with all types of customer personalities and excited to engage with them
- Maintains cool under pressure
- Effective and efficient problem-solving skills with a fastidious attention to detail
- Positive attitude and feels that no task is too small
- Self-starter; entrepreneurial disposition
- Eager to be at the frontline of a fast-paced and growing company
- Loves to talk, loves to learn, loves to listen
PLUS (not required):
- Experience working in retail or customer facing environments
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Sketchup and other related space planning/rendering programs
- Experience with Zendesk a plus
Our Core Values:
- Customer-centric — You are passionate about delivering an end-to-end WOW experience for every customer.
- Transparent — You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate problem solving.
- Results-driven — You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- Constantly evolving — You're never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Ample Paid Time Off
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too!)