We’re a fast growing startup looking for a Community Manager to play a critical role in growing a new Jopwell initiative. The successful candidate will be responsible for the launch, maintenance, and success of a new collaborative career development hub for our community. If you are a self-motivated individual with experience in career coaching, program management, marketing who is interested in the opportunity to lead and innovate within an active community of diverse professionals we want to hear from you.
As a Community Manager you will build an online community of professionals, provide career advice, and facilitate a collaborative learning environment. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for DEI issues and stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry. You need to be personable and excited by the opportunity to support professionals on their career journey.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles are remote until further notice.
- Create, own, and execute the experience of Jopwell’s professional development program. Develop engagement strategies to grow the program.
- Lead communications outreach efforts to promote the program to Jopwell members and external audiences
- Engage daily with online community and respond to comments and requests
- Analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders
- Devise and implement community communication and career development initiatives
- Liaise with other departments to stay updated on new marketing initiatives, product and service developments, and to ensure brand consistency
- Build lasting, genuine, and impactful relationships between our users
- Manage Jopwell’s Slack channel of community members and sub-communities in collaboration with the marketing/community/recruitment teams
- Become an expert and champion of the Jopwell community, making sure program content is focused on member needs, celebrates diversity, and fosters safety and inclusion
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience & Qualifications:
- A degree in communication, English, journalism, marketing or related field may be required
- At least two years' experience managing an online community
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques
- Deep understanding of the various facets of DEI and career coaching techniques
- Experience promoting meaningful relationships through community programs
- Experience presenting complex data stories to channel owners and team members
- Can create recommendations and implement new experiments to improve goals
- Superb time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube is a plus
Jopwell represents and advances careers for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries to connect our community members with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.