About the Role:
Are you eager to be part of an organization transforming the recruitment industry? As a Business Development Representative, you'll have the opportunity to learn and develop strong sales skills and experience by being the first touchpoint with potential clients. You'll play an integral part in generating revenue and taking Jopwell to the next level.
- Generate new leads through cold outreach (e.g., email campaigns, conferences and events, B2B marketing campaigns)
- Educate and qualify inbound and outbound leads based on their company profile and potential hiring needs
- Maintain a strong pipeline of leads at various stages of the sales funnel
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for qualified leads with the sales team
- Document all relevant lead information into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Contribute to and create content for B2B marketing campaigns
- Become a subject-matter expert on Jopwell’s services, offerings, and community
- 1-2 years of relevant customer-facing experience, professional or internship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Willingness to learn and grow in a start-up environment
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs a plus
- Experience cold-calling or cold-emailing a plus
Jopwell represents and advances careers for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries to connect our community members with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.
Jopwell is currently a team of 37 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws.