Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries. We work with the world's leading employers, including Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.
The Special Projects Manager will serve as a true partner to the CEO of a rapidly growing tech start-up focused on advancing the careers of Black, Latinx, and Native American professionals. You will serve as a “right hand” to the CEO, designing/executing innovative special projects for the business, acting as a gatekeeper and primary point of contact for internal and external communications, and providing confidential administrative support. Blending your customer-centric mindset and innate ability to multitask with acute attention to detail, you will be an important partner in building out Jopwell’s next phase. This is an excellent growth opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs or those looking to gain the skills and experience necessary for a leadership role.
- Serve as a thought partner and assistant to the CEO to vet new business concepts, including, but not limited to, concept research, market analysis, revenue forecasting, operational strategy
- Support business development initiatives through research on prospective partnerships, programs, or sales offerings
- Build project plans to outline the scope of work, develop schedules, establish metrics for success, and identify resources to meet the project objectives
- Draft presentations and proposals for internal and external audiences
- Plan and/or support events, both internal and external, in which the CEO will participate
- Coordinate internal and external executive communications
- Effectively manage the CEO’s professional and personal calendars, including scheduling meetings, managing work blocks, and prioritizing conflicting requests
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
What we want you to bring:
- Passion for Jopwell’s mission
- Minimum 2 - 4 years experience in management consulting, project management, supporting an executive, or a related role
- Strong program or project management background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and keen attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office
- Experience managing a dynamic calendar across multiple time zones
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Resilience and comfort navigating ambiguity
- Positive, solution-oriented, can-do attitude
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks and monthly transit subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Monthly Learning & Development Opportunities
- A convenient location near Union Square
- Free snacks and coffee
Jopwell is currently a team of 50 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises. We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.