Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell has been featured in numerous publications including Forbes, Fast Company, Inc., TIME, TechCrunch, Ebony, Black Enterprise, CNN and others. Jopwell was also recognized by Fast Company as a top 10 most innovative enterprise company in 2017.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Lead to join our fast-growing Professional Recruitment team. In this role, you’ll work with a team to attract, engage, and connect talented diverse professionals in key markets with career advancement opportunities via the Jopwell platform. This is an exciting chance to connect diverse talent with some of the country’s top companies, including Facebook, American Express, Bloomberg, Verizon, UBS and more! This role is based in New York City.
- Create and oversee execution of strategies for continual expansion and engagement of the Jopwell Select community in service to annual KPIs, including event management, scalable sourcing techniques, and email marketing efforts
- Manage budget related to community growth and engagement activities, facilitating achievement of KPIs within desired spend
- Responsible for developing creative and scalable methodologies for sourcing, screening, and setting up profiles for qualified candidates in Jopwell Select community
- Partner with Enterprise Recruitment Lead and Client Success Managers to create efficient processes for maximizing connectivity between Jopwell Select candidates and opportunities with corporate partners
- Liaise with Jopwell partners in coordination of events for community acquisition and engagement, branding Jopwell positively to high potential, new users
- Ensure all candidates highlighted as Jopwell Select have complete and well formatted profiles, as well as appropriate tagging for search
- Manage team of Community Engagement Associates day-to-day; oversee individual workflow, conduct performance appraisals, and facilitating positive team morale and employee engagement
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years professional experience
- 3+ years experience with event planning and marketing
- 2+ years in growth marketing, with experience utilizing data to make decisions
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for Jopwell’s mission
- 1+ years talent marketing or recruiting experience
- 2+ year experience in program or community management
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.