Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries. We work with the world's leading employers, including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, and many others.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic/Brand Designer to join our fast-growing team! In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to oversee and execute the full pipeline of Jopwell’s design efforts, bolstering our ability to move the needle on corporate diversity. Our ideal candidate is varied in their design skill set, this person understands Jopwell’s demographic, and is excited to create compelling materials that inspire and wow our community and our partners. This is an exciting opportunity to have a major impact on creating and building out Jopwell’s brand through a rebranding process that is currently in progress. This position is full-time, based in New York City, and reports to the Chief of Staff.
- Spearhead Jopwell’s visual direction and design guidelines for all B2C and B2B assets
- Develop collateral, illustrations, logos, and other custom designs for all Jopwell teams
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and usable for appropriate mediums
- Partner with other Jopwell departments to iterate and expand upon the design of our products and services including the creation of e-mail and social media marketing templates, event fliers, and infographics
- Advise internal stakeholders on visual and design strategies to reach specified goals and audiences
- Develop, maintain, and expand Jopwell’s design and asset library
- Work alongside marketing team to advise on visual representation and selection/cultivation of brand imagery
- Manage a growing team of contractors and external partners to strategically grow our network of creative resources and partnerships related to design needs
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of graphic design experience
- 3+ years experience in a client facing role (can be internal stakeholders)
- Proven work experience creating compelling marketing collateral
- Familiarity with design software and technologies such as Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects Photoshop, and Keynote
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent visual, graphic design, video and animations skills
- Knowledge of online marketing channels & social platforms
- Experience building assets for B2B campaigns
- In-depth understanding of the Black, Latinx, and Native American audience and what is trending in those communities
- Resourceful and attentive to detail
- Passionate about Jopwell’s mission
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor and proactively problem solve
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401 (k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks and MetroCard monthly subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Monthly Learning & Development Opportunities
- A cool office in Union Square
- Free snacks and coffee
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 50+ full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.