Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell has been featured in numerous publications including Forbes, Fast Company, Inc., TIME, TechCrunch, Ebony, Black Enterprise, CNN and others. Jopwell was also recognized by Fast Company as a top 10 most innovative enterprise in 2017.
Jopwell is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for building, owning, and shipping products. As a member of a growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings and technical architecture. You’ll be focused on creating real impact. As such, you’ll make decisions, implement solutions, and lead efforts to produce real change in lives while helping diversify the workforce.
- Be a highly valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and maintain services and products that serve our community and clients at scale
- Evaluate technical needs and requirements related to proposed solutions
- Follow company/team programming guidelines/standards and enforce them with her/his own team members
- Maintain knowledge of and possess strong technical competency with regard to emerging technologies
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced developers
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science (or another technical field of study including Mathematics, Engineering or the Sciences) or equivalent practical/professional experience
- 3-6 years of professional programming experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Demonstrated experience (1-2 years+) and familiarity with Python, Django and Django Rest Framework
- Familiarity with Postgres, Elasticsearch, Celery, and Redis
- Experience working around distributed/parallel systems
- Familiarity with unit testing using Jest and Enzyme
- Familiarity with Next.js, Material Design and Recharts a plus
- Experience with AWS or another cloud computing provider a plus
- Strong communication skills (in verbal and written English)
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401 (k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks and MetroCard monthly subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Monthly Learning & Development Opportunities
- A cool office in Union Square
- Free snacks and coffee
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 37 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.