Jopwell is the leading career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals. We connect historically underrepresented ethnic minorities with jobs, career advice and resources that unlock professional opportunities. Jopwell works with over 100 partner companies, has over 60K users, and has been covered by some of the most reputable press outlets in the country.
We are looking for a talented graphic designer to work with Jopwell’s new Marketing Team! You’ll be responsible for creating collateral for Jopwell as well as impactful visual assets for our social media accounts! This person is varied in his or her artistry, understands Jopwell’s demographic, and is excited to create compelling materials that inspires and wows our community.
In your application please include a link or attachment to your graphic design portfolio.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A graphic design portfolio, website and/or deck
- 3+ years of graphic design experience,
- 2+ years of graphic design experience for marketing campaigns
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects
- Experienced in motion graphics and illustration
- Proven work experience creating compelling marketing collateral
- Excellent visual, graphic design, video and animations skills
- Knowledge of online marketing channels & social platforms
- Scrappy, resourceful, passionate and attentive to detail
- Passionate about Jopwell
- Work at a mission driven company
- Monthly learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team outing and team building events
- Free Wednesday Breakfast
- A cool office in Union Square
- Free snacks and coffee
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 39 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.