Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes and across all industries. We work with the world's leading employers, including, BlackRock, Facebook, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, AppNexus, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, The NBA, The PGA, UBS, and many others.
We are looking for a Talent Sourcer (Contract to hire) to join our fast-growing Professional Recruitment team. In this role, you’ll work with our recruitment team as we identify and highlight top technical talent for key roles at our corporate partners, which will span a broad variety of industries such as Finance, Tech, Sports & Entertainment, Sales, Marketing and Human Resources. Our team takes a disruptive approach to diversity recruiting, acting as knowledgeable partners to both our candidates and corporate partners. This role offers a great opportunity to learn recruiting fundamentals and is an exciting opportunity to connect diverse talent with some of the country’s top companies, including Facebook, Pinterest, American Express, Bloomberg, Verizon, San Francisco 49ers, The NBA, Pfizer and more!
- Partner with Client Success Managers and Recruiters to understand hiring needs and goals of corporate partners and analyze requirements to determine target profile needs
- Source talent for prioritized roles across different industries or internal research projects as assigned and actively participate in the development of recruiting strategies
- Work with recruiters to execute comprehensive and effective sourcing strategies and techniques to identify the best talent for partner companies
- Identify and execute candidate generation strategies, proactively researching and assessing new methodologies
- Consistently generate a healthy pipeline of high-quality candidates for prioritized roles
- Source candidates through a variety of search resources (Linkedin, social media, job boards, internet research, boolean search strings, etc.)
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1-2 years of work experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to change gears on short notice and adapt quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively problem solve
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Technical sourcing (engineers, developers, data scientists, etc.) experience a plus
- Sourcing experience with an agency a plus
- Ability to continually seek new sourcing options and develop creative approaches to sourcing and engaging candidates
- Some knowledge of applicant tracking systems/software programs
- Work at a mission driven company
- Monthly learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team outing and team building events
- Free Wednesday Breakfast
- A cool office in Union Square
- Free snacks and coffee
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 39 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.