Jopwell is a career advancement platform helping Black, Latino/Hispanic, and Native American students and professionals connect with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers, including, BlackRock, Facebook, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, AppNexus, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, The NBA, The PGA, UBS, and many others.
We are looking for a Recruiter to join our fast-growing Professional Recruitment team. In this role, you’ll work closely with Client Success Managers to identify, engage and highlight top technical talent for key roles at our corporate partners, which will span a broad variety of industries such as Finance, Tech, Sports & Entertainment, Sales, Marketing and Human Resources. Our team takes a disruptive approach to diversity recruiting, acting as knowledgeable partners to both our candidates and corporate partners. This is an exciting opportunity to connect diverse talent with some of the country’s top companies, including Facebook, Pinterest, Peloton, American Express, Bloomberg, Verizon, NBA and more!
- Partner with Client Success Managers to understand the hiring needs and goals of corporate partners
- Develop and execute comprehensive sourcing strategies, analyzing requirements to determine target candidate profile needs
- Recruit passive candidates using internal and external resources
- Manage multiple, complex searches and create innovative sourcing strategies to identify and engage the best talent for partner companies
- Establish meaningful relationships with candidates, building and maintaining a network of potential candidates through thoughtful engagement practices
- Communicate Jopwell’s value and unique relationship with our corporate partners to prospective candidates
- Conduct initial phone screen for potential candidates and advocate to corporate partners on behalf of candidates
- Partner with Client Success Managers and collaborate closely with Corporate Partner Recruiters throughout the recruiting process to impact hiring needs and goals of partners
- Track and analyze data on sourcing and conversion efforts to understand the efficacy of sourcing strategies and drive improvements as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years recruitment or sourcing experience
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing tools, including internet research, boolean search strings, Linkedin, and cold outreach
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Sourcing & recruiting engineering talent strongly preferred
- Agency or in house recruiting experience a plus
- Ability to continually seek new sourcing options and develop creative approaches to sourcing and engaging candidates
- Experience partnering with a relationship manager that leads the client relationship
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationship and experience navigating professional networks and affinity groups
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401 (k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks and MetroCard monthly subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Monthly Learning & Development Opportunities
- A cool office in Union Square
- Free snacks and coffee
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 37 full-time employees based in NYC. We’ve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, and Magic Johnson Enterprises.
We’ve also been featured extensively by both print and digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, and NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 and Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes, Inc. Magazine, LinkedIn, and Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as “30 Under 30” award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.