SHARE NOW stands for the world’s first free-floating car-sharing service – the biggest innovation in the car business since the invention of the car. We come from a long line of pioneers in the car-making industry and challenging the status quo is how we like to play. Our mission now is personal freedom: To make it possible for anybody to drive in the city without breaking the bank – or the environment.
Our global headquarters is in Berlin, Germany, and we operate across Europe. We offer an exciting, fast-growing environment in which everyone has equal opportunity to bring ideas to the table. We believe the future is about personal freedom and that everyone has a role to play. We are more than 500 employees of over 30 nationalities spread out across the globe. You could be one of them.
Our teams are in the beautiful city of Hamburg, right next to the river Elbe. We design, develop and make the SHARE NOW customer systems. We’re currently hiring an Engineers for Java, Kotlin and Web for our location in Hamburg.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build, maintain and monitor the services for registration, customer data management and customer loyalty
- Design, develop and support our backend services and respective APIs
- Make improvements and iterations to our service architecture and our continuous integration practices
- Contribute to the whole lifecycle of the software beginning from defining the tasks to building it, up to maintaining it in modern Kubernetes cloud
- experience of development in with Java, Kotlin and Web
- Knowledge of Spring Framework and SQL databases.
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ and AWS
- Experience in working with CI-friendly environments, RESTful APIs and messaging systems
- Knowledge in frontend web development
- Good English language skills (spoken and written)
- Lots of interesting colleagues from all over the world, English as working language
- The ability to work autonomously in an agile and creative environment, where every idea matters
- Development possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Monthly Mobility Allowance for your own SHARE NOW experience
- Company pension, flexible working hours and 30 days of paid vacation days per year
- Informal atmosphere and global Town Hall meetings
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget
OUR TECH STACK
These are some of the technologies our team is currently working with:
- Java or Kotlin, Spring & Spring Boot, Hibernate
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, S3
- Sass with a tendency to BEM
- Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes running on AWS
- GitLab for code repository and CI/CD
At SHARE NOW, we’re looking for outstanding individuals who can contribute with new perspectives and are curious about learning. We believe that creativity sparks from diverse perspectives. We design for, and want our team to be people of every gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation and physical ability.
Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the job description, we would still encourage you to apply.