SHARE NOW stands for the world’s first free-floating car-sharing service – the biggest innovation in the car business since the invention of the car. We come from a long line of pioneers in the car-making industry and challenging the status quo is how we like to play. Our mission now is personal freedom: To make it possible for anybody to drive in the city without breaking the bank – or the environment.
Our global headquarters is in Berlin, Germany, and we operate across Europe. We offer an exciting, fast-growing environment in which everyone has equal opportunity to bring ideas to the table. We believe the future is about personal freedom and that everyone has a role to play. We are more than 500 employees of over 30 nationalities spread out across the globe. You could be one of them.
Our teams are located in the beautiful city of Hamburg, right next to the river Elbe, and in the heart of Berlin. We design, develop and make the Share Now apps for Android and iOS.
We’re currently hiring a senior Android Developer for our location in Berlin.
This team sits within our Rental Tribe. Everything related to the customer rental of a SHARE NOW vehicle is designed, planned and developed in this tribe. The Rental Tribe has 3 teams.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build the Android version of the SHARE NOW app. Working within a self-organized Scrum team, you will identify and solve real world challenges, building the “key to our cars”.
- Make improvements and iterations to our our app architecture and our continuous integration practices
- Ensure that our app has an outstanding performance, and proactively address current and future availability, capacity and security needs of our Android application
- Collaborate closely with your team and Product Owners, constantly innovating, whilst sharing your exceptional Android development knowledge to support your colleagues
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years professional experience of development within Android
- You know your way around the Android SDK and enjoy working with Kotlin
- You have both an advanced understanding of RxJava and reactive programming architecture
- You know how to deal with Dependency Injection and testing of Android Apps
- An eye for design and user experience
- Good English skills (spoken and written)
- The opportunity to work autonomously in an agile and creative environment, where every idea matters
- Development possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Monthly Mobility Allowance for your own SHARE NOW experience
- Company pension, flexible working hours and 30 days of paid vacation days per year
- Informal atmosphere and global Townhall meetings with the complete company