We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Executive Assistant to support the CTO. This individual will partner closely with the CTO, his Chief of Staff, & the Engineering Leads on everything from calendar management & scheduling to org-wide communications & initiatives to team morale & offsites. We’re looking for you to be a strategic partner making smart decisions on our behalf, not just someone who executes on orders.
We’re excited for you to work on:
- Managing the CTO’s ever changing calendar & commitments
- Helping keep our rapidly growing Engineering organization informed & connected
- Coordinating with external partners & internal PR teams on CTO’s speaking engagements
- Driving the day-to-day administration of the organization
- Owning the details
- Planning travel, offsites, team events, & more
- Experience supporting C-level executives overseeing 400+ person organizations
- Experience supporting executives with high cross-functional touch points
- Experience in high growth / hyper growth organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
Bonus Areas of Expertise
- Experience supporting CTOs or senior Engineering leaders
- Experience working with distributed offices & remote employees
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!