We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is the largest early talent network in the United States and we have just launched in the UK.
Founded in 2014 with the mission of democratising opportunity for all students, Handshake is now the official career system of record - powering job boards, career fairs, and on campus interviewing - for more than 1,000 universities, 7 million active students & alumni, and 500,000 companies, from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratising opportunity and ensuring university students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a degree, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalised or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
As our Director of EMEA Customer Success, you will define and implement an efficient, scalable Customer Success strategy focused on onboarding and nurturing successful long term relationships with our premium employer partners. The Employer Customer Success Team you will lead and grow works directly with top employers including EY, Expedia, PwC, Box, and Under Armour to drive their entry level recruiting strategy through our SaaS solutions and insights. You'll work closely with our most strategic customers to ensure they achieve their goals, understand the value of their program, and make optimal use of the Handshake platform. Partner closely with sales, marketing, product management, and data analytics to make continuous improvements within and across accounts. Through these cross-functional efforts you’ll achieve world-class customer satisfaction, generate case studies, and drive our business through premium renewals and expansions. Be a part of a growing organization and help us define what customer success looks like!
- Lead and grow the Employer Customer Success team.
- Define and implement an efficient, scalable Customer Success strategy.
- Help scale internal process to support hundreds of premium employers.
- Manage the success of our most strategic customers and lead the programs for a set of the world’s leading employers.
- Work cross functionally to support and drive engagement strategy with our partners including strategic planning, analytics, and trainings.
- Own and maintain our high standard of customer service, including determining SLAs and co-owning the service experience with our Support team and Account Managers.
- Become a Handshake expert, learning the ins and outs of HR and higher ed Tech.
- Synthesize voice of customer from qualitative and quantitative feedback, share with leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Leverage data and feedback for client reporting and informing the product roadmap.
- Understand market trends and keep up-to-date with the latest developments and discussions impacting the industry.
- 5+ years’ SaaS enterprise CSM experience
- 3+ years’ people leadership experience
- Passion for our mission: help us launch careers and grow companies by making the best matches between companies and new graduates from all backgrounds
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects with great attention to detail
- Desire to think analytically with a methodical approach to identifying challenges and measure impact, including the ability to use data to support strategy and create a story
- Ability to think systematically, identifying and building infrastructure, processes, and tools to drive efficiency and streamlined operations
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, appreciate and demonstrate flexibility as needed
- You react gracefully under pressure
- You’re a do-er with a bias towards action and creative problem-solving
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Stock: Sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Private medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!