We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Employer Lifecycle team, you will lead the next wave of Handshake’s revenue growth. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for building and scaling Handshake’s self-service Premium business, creating a new avenue for hundreds of thousands of employers on our platform to find and hire top talent.
While we’ve made impressive strides in becoming the market leader in college jobs, recruiting events, and employer outreach, we’re just getting started. In building Handshake’s self-service business, you’ll work to transform how employers engage with students to find great hires, as well as how students engage with employers to find great career opportunities.
You’ll be part of a close-knit cross-functional team including not just R&D, but also demand generation, marketing operations, product marketing, support, sales and customer success—together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform. At the same time, you’ll be mindful about making a positive societal impact, creating experiences that progress Handshake toward our mission of democratizing opportunity.
As a senior product manager, you’ll plan and deliver a roadmap to:
Expand and innovate: our employer product offering to transform the recruiting process, and provide ever increasing value to our Premium customers.
Engage users: find opportunities to drive engagement and outcomes for employer users.
Drive marketplace value: continually strive to identify and optimize the key points of value creation across all three sides of the network.
You’ll own the lifecycle end-to-end for your product area, including:
- Product development process: Leading a high performing cross-functional squad, including engineering and design partners, from research and roadmap planning to delivery .
- Launch and adoption: Partner closely on go-to-market and implementation, working with marketing, sales, customer success, and support. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem. You’ll conduct experiments and run beta programs to maximize learning and minimize code investment, getting close to the customer and the details through the process.
- Cross-Handshake partnership: Work with stakeholders across Handshake’s largest team (the broader Employer team) and on other sides of the Handshake marketplace (EDUs and Student) to innovate quickly but deliberately.
- Goals, metrics and tracking: Create a robust and clear thread of data from strategy through development through in-market iteration.
- Strong foundation in roadmap development and releasing products for complex, multifaceted marketplace businesses or SaaS platforms.
- 5+ years partnering with engineering teams to ship code. Ideally in a many-stakeholder environment with dependencies and collaboration.
- Strong systems and analytical thinker. Can connect the dots, spot challenges and edge cases, integrate multiple considerations.
- Ruthless prioritization. You’re confident making complex tradeoffs and educating all stakeholders on those tradeoffs through the process. You can point to countless times where you haven’t shipped what people have asked for, and yet created high satisfaction for the product.
- Experimentation mindset: You have demonstrable experience conducting experiments and a solid understanding of experimentation principles and how they can be applied to optimize and expedite growth.
- Extensive experience presenting both internally and externally including working with customers, users, and internal cross-functional partners and executives.
- User focused. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of employers and build products grounded in data and research.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
Development of B2B products connecting to a marketplace platform (e.g. the supplier side of an e-commerce marketplace)
Compensation Range (San Francisco):
$150,000 - $185,000
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!