We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is looking for our very first DEI Talent Sourcer reporting into our Director of R&D Recruiting. You will have a big impact in this position partnering with our recruiters and hiring manager to craft strategies that diversify our talent pipeline. In this role you will build long term relationships with candidates and nurture them, partner with stakeholders on talent brand initiatives, and create innovative messaging that compels candidates to engage with us. You’ll also have the opportunity to partner with our Handshake communities on programs too!
- Utilize sourcing tools like Linkedin Recruiter, Hired, Hirtual, and Boolean searches to find talent
- Partner with recruiters and hiring managers to create sourcing strategies that diversify our talent pipeline
- Create strategies for nurturing candidates
- Partner with Handshake communities and external organizations to increase awareness of Handshake’s open roles
- Partner with our talent brand manager on initiatives to diversify our pipeline
- Craft compelling messaging to attract top talent
- 2+ years of experience sourcing or recruiting, to include ﬁnding, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Experience analyzing data, understanding trends, developing and articulating recommendations for action, based on the analysis
- Previous experience building partnerships with DEI organizations
- Experience using applicant tracking systems and other sourcing tools or talent data platforms
Bonus Areas of Expertise
- Experience sourcing and engaging technical talent specifically engineers, product and design folks
- Experience developing diversity recruiting strategies and engaging with passive candidates
- Previous Talent Brand Experience
- Previous project management experience
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!