We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
We are looking for an empathetic, driven and mission-aligned recruiter to help us grow our team. We are seeking an individual who cares about people and enjoys identifying, connecting with and hiring candidates from diverse backgrounds.
You will lead recruiting strategies, build key stakeholder relationships, and develop strategic candidate outreach while working with a curious, kind and passionate team.
- Identify, source and engage talent to grow our team through creative and diverse multi-channel methods
- Ideate, implement and iterate recruiting and talent best practices across the organization
- Own hiring manager relationships and creatively iterate to improve our processes across recruiting
- Hire values-aligned individuals to contribute to Handshake’s mission
- Develop an extensive understanding of Handshake’s business and culture
- Design, implement and execute recruiting plans, partnering closely with hiring teams
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and provide recommendations for improving talent strategies based on data
- Work consultatively with senior stakeholders to shape and implement diversity recruitment strategy in a fast-paced, high-touch & high-tech environment.
- Influence business leaders and educate hiring managers on process, interview best practices, and decision making.
- Create new ways to surprise and delight candidates as they go through our interview process.
- Speak passionately and authentically about Handshake, our mission, business, and culture.
- Full-cycle recruiting experience
- Successful at engaging and closing candidates
- Strong history of collaborating inclusively with hiring managers and interviewers to design processes that attract candidates from underrepresented backgrounds
- You thrive in a data-driven recruiting process
- Working knowledge of ATS systems and pipeline metrics
- In-house experience preferred
- Bias towards humility, curiosity, and humor
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities
- Great judgment and a history of working with highly confidential information
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch with us!